Where does my donation go?
The Foundation’s current services include:
- Funding local PKU research.
- Purchase of gram scales for families in financial need. Gram scales are used to calculate daily phenylalanine intake. Learn More
- The purchase of Phenylalanine Value Books and cookbooks for patients of the Genetics and Metabolism Clinic at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital.
- Expenses associated with the PKU Foundation Symposium held for PKU families. (Speakers are internationally renowned PKU physicians and researchers.)
- PKU family gatherings/networking events both local and nationally.
- Supporting the National PKU Alliance in a national effort to provide support, legislation, and research for individuals with PKU.